Thursday, July 7, 2011
A mistake that I have made and the lesson I learned from it.
I was in my second clinicals during my undergraduate work and was placed in third grade. One of my assignments consisted of me developing and teaching a science lesson. I chose to create a lesson teaching the students about the parts of a bee. I decided that instead of giving the students a picture of a bee to label, I would let them paint a picture of their own bee and then label the parts of it. I only had an hour to teach the lesson. Well, that hour was not long enough to have them discuss the body parts and point them out on a bee diagram, draw their bee, and then paint their bee and label the parts. I over achieved the activity. I did learn to scale back my lesson activities a little. It was chaos trying to get the students to hurry and finish their paintings. The projects did turn out good, but we had to take time out of the next day for most of them to label their parts.